FLUID POWER ACADEMY, Inc. LICENSE ("License")
Agreement. This License is an agreement between FLUID POWER ACADEMY, INC. ("FPA") and licensee ("You") who downloads images / illustrations / vectors / video footage / Powerpoint presentations ?animations / e-books / posters, et al ("Content") from FLUIDPOWERACADEMY.COM. By downloading any Content, You acknowledge that You understand and accept the terms of the License.
FPA Representation -
FPA represents that it owns all rights and/or has all requisite authority to the Content, including copyrights, and is authorized to license the Content under the License. Unaltered and Standalone Content licensed to You will not infringe or violate the intellectual property, publicity or privacy rights of any third party. Copyright of Content belong to FPA.
- Licensee Representation - You represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years of age and have the right to enter into this License
- You will not use Content in any way that is not permitted by this License
- Information You provide to FPA is accurate and true, including without limitation all payment and billing information
- Except as otherwise stated in this License, any account(s) opened or maintained by You on the Site will only be accessed and used by You for the purposes and on terms stipulated in this License)
Grant: Subject to the terms herein, FPA grants You a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-transferable sub-license to use, Reproduce, modify, publish and display downloaded Content (other than as restricted in paragraph 10).
Single User Account Only. This Agreement only allows the creation and registration of a Single User Account. You may not allow anyone else to use Your username or password. If You wish to create multiple seats to concurrently and/or separately access Your Account, You may only do so through FPA’s multi-seat license agreement.
"Licensed Work" means the genuine end-product or end derivative work that has been Reproduced or created by or on behalf of You or Your client, using independent skill and effort and that incorporates Content and other material, and which Content shall be inseparable (to the extent commercially and reasonably possible) from the Licensed Work to be standalone Content.
"Reproduce(d)" means the distortion, alteration, cropping, editing, incorporation or manipulation of any part of the Content to create a finished derivative product (the Licensed Work), whereby the reproduced Content will not be disassociated from the Licensed Work by the end user or any third party to be a Standalone Content.
"Standalone Content" means the unaltered and unmodified Content in the original form downloaded from the Sites, including the same Content at a different resolution.
"Vital Role" means the Content used form an integral part or core component of the Licensed Work and will substantially increase the value of Your Licensed Work
- Standard Permitted Uses. Examples of permitted uses include the use, modification, Reproduction and/or display of Content (in each case, without any rights of resale) in relation to the following Licensed Works:
|USES||EXAMPLES of LICENSED WORKS|
|Advertising / Marketing / Promotions (Business & Commercial Purposes)||
|Print / Publications / Education||
|"Editorial Use Only" Contents & Editorial Context||
|Design Elements & Art||
|Social Media Websites & Applications||
- Additional Rights. To facilitate Your use of Content to Reproduce Licensed Works, You may also:
- Client Work: utilize Content to produce Licensed Works on behalf of clients (e.g., advertisements by a graphic designer).
- Procurement: obtain the License to Content on behalf of the client, provided the client is fully subject to and bound by the terms of the License.
- Representative: obtain the License on behalf of Your employer, company, group or affiliate, provided such other party is fully subject to and bound by the terms of the License.
- Subcontract: transfer Content files / derived works to subcontractors or employees temporarily to produce Licensed Works strictly on Your behalf, provided such other party abide by the restrictions in this License.
- Extended Permitted Uses (Extended License). In the event You require the following extended rights to use the Content, in addition to the usages permitted pursuant to paragraphs 7 and 8 herein, You may license any of the following Extended Licenses according to Your relevant usage:
- PRINT ONLY EXTENDED LICENSE
- In any manner permitted under the Standard License without any print run limitation; and
- In any printed (not for electronic distribution) material, merchandise or product for personal use or resale (for e.g. calendars, T-shirts, posters and mugs) and product packaging up to a limit of 10,000 copies in aggregate per licensing. Each additional print up to 10,000 copies under this subparagraph requires a new licensing.
- ELECTRONIC ONLY EXTENDED LICENSE
- In any manner permitted under the Standard License without any print run limitation;
- As design elements in video, film or television broadcast for resale purpose; and
- In any electronic distribution (not in its original but in its final form) or items for personal use or resale, including design elements or constituents in eBooks, licensed software, website templates, flash templates and documents provided such use does not allow the re-distribution or re-use of the Content by third party.
- COMPREHENSIVE EXTENDED LICENSE
- In any manner permitted under Standard License, Print Only Extended License and Electronic Only Extended License without any print run limitation.
- Restrictions. Other than as specifically permitted in paragraphs 7 and 8 herein, You may NOT:
|Sublicense, sell or transfer any rights in License||
|Sell, share, license, assign or distribute Standalone Content||
|Infringe Intellectual Property Rights||
|"Editorial Use Only" Content||
|Extract Contents Illegally||
|Use Content in Logos / Trademarks / Service Marks||
|Use Contents Illegally||
|Use Content for Immoral / Obscene / Illegal / Defamatory Purposes||
|Use Content to Derogate Persons / Property||
|Resell Reproduced Licensed Works||
- Termination. This License is effective until it is terminated. You can terminate this Agreement by:
- deleting and destroying all Contents downloaded by You and in Your possession, and any Licensed Work(s), and copies / accompanying materials thereof; and
- ceasing to use the Contents for any purpose.
- Disclaimer. You agree that neither 123RF nor their respective affiliates, nor any of their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, representatives, licensors and (sub)licensees (other than You), shall be liable for any general, punitive, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or loss of profits or any other damages, costs or losses arising from any use or non-use of the Contents, even if such parties have been advised, or advised of the possibility, of such damages.
- THE CONTENTS AND SITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE, WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS AND, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS LICENSE, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Licensee Indemnity. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this License, You agree to fully defend, indemnify and hold 123RF and its officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, representatives, licensors, and anyone else associated with 123RF and each of their successors, (sub)licensees (other than You), and assigns free and harmless from any and all claims (including, without limitation, third party claims), liabilities, costs, losses, damages, or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses, arising in connection with Your use of the Contents or any breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty, or other promise / obligation made by You in this License.
- 123RF Indemnity. Provided that You have not breached the terms of this License, 123RF agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold You harmless up to the Liability Cap (defined below). Such indemnification shall only apply to claims for damages directly attributable to 123RF's breach of the warranties and representations in this Agreement, together with the expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), arising out of or directly connected to any valid actual or threatened third party lawsuit, claim, or legal proceeding alleging that the possession, distribution, or use of unaltered Contents downloaded and used by You pursuant to this Agreement violate 123RF's warranties and representations contained herein. This indemnification is on the condition that You give 123RF:
- no later than five (5) business days written notice from the date You know or reasonably should have known of the claim or threatened claim, where such notification must include all details of the claim then known to You and emailed to email@example.com, Attention: General Counsel;
- full information, assistance and cooperation for the defense or settlement thereof; and
- at 123RF’s option, sole control of any defense, settlement or action related thereto.
- Liability Cap. 123RF's maximum aggregate obligation and liability to You for all claims (assessed collectively) under paragraph 14 shall be limited to Twenty Five Thousand United States Dollars (US$25,000.00) or the total amount of the license fees paid by You for the Contents, whichever the higher ("Liability Cap"").
- Unauthorized Use. The representations and the warranties made by 123RF in this Agreement apply only to the Content as delivered by 123RF and will be invalid if the Content is used by You in any manner not specifically authorized in this Agreement or if You are otherwise in breach of this Agreement.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution.
- The establishment, effectiveness, interpretation and execution of this License agreement shall all be governed by the laws of Hong Kong, subject to its jurisdiction, and without regard to the conflict of laws principles.
- All disputes arising in connection with the performance of this License shall be settled through friendly negotiations. If the parties are unable to resolve any such dispute within thirty (30) days after the commencement of negotiations, the parties agree to submit the dispute to Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre for arbitration in Hong Kong which shall be conducted in accordance with the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules in effect at the time of applying for arbitration. The number of arbitrators shall be one (1). The language of the arbitration shall be English. The arbitral award shall be final and binding upon both parties.
- You acknowledge and agree that any breach of any covenant, representations and warranties contained in this License would cause irreparable injury to 123RF such that damages and remedies under Hong Kong Law for any breach of any such covenant would be inadequate. You further acknowledge and agree that the arbitral tribunal may order any interim measure it deems necessary or proper in accordance with the applicable laws of Hong Kong, including without limitation, any injunctive or enjoining procedural orders or interlocutory awards.
- Assignment. Neither party shall assign its rights or interests under this Agreement to any Third Party without the other party’s prior written consent in each instance; except that a party may assign its rights, interests and obligations hereunder to any similarly financially responsible entity that is either (i) an affiliate of such party, (ii) the surviving entity of a merger, consolidation or plan or reorganization in which it participates, or (iii) to the purchaser of all or substantially all of the assets of the party, provided such assignee agrees to assume in writing such party’s rights and obligations under this Agreement.
- No Third Party Rights. Any person who is not a party to this Agreement (whether or not such person is named, referred to, or otherwise identified, or shall form part of a class of persons so named, referred to or identified, in this Agreement) shall have no right whatsoever to enforce this Agreement or any of its terms.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between You and 123RF regarding its subject matter. Should any provision of this Agreement be held to be void or invalid, that fact will not affect any other provision, and the remainder of this Agreement will be construed to most closely give effect to the parties' intention. Failure by either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision.
- Language. This License is written in English with a reference translation in another language (if necessary). In the event of any conflict in interpreting or construing the terms of this Agreement, the English version shall prevail.
- Electronic Agreement. You have agreed and reaffirm Your agreement to this License electronically by downloading the Content(s).