AUTHOR: Rory S. McLaren
Format: Printed version *8-1/2" x 11". PDF Non-printable (9.9mb). 462 pages.
NO REFUNDS GIVEN ON DOWNLOADED PRODUCTS.*Shipping charges for printed book orders will be calculated and added at checkout. International orders will require a shipping charge calculation email to the customer from FPA before order is shipped. Printed book orders are shipped within 24 hours of receipt if ordered on a business day prior to 3:00pm (MST).
This comprehensive compendium of hydraulic system and component troubleshooting procedures covers the following topics:
- Selection and proper and safe use of diagnostic equipment.
- System start-up and solving start-up problems.
- Procedures for testing hydraulic pumps: flow testing; cavitation; case pressure testing.
- Procedures for testing pressure control valves: pilot-operated relief valves; direct-operated relief valves; sequence valves; unloading valves; counterbalance valves.
- Procedures for testing industrial sub-plate mounted directional control valves: spool/bore leakage test; circuit module leakage test; testing two-stage valves.
- How to execute two-stage valve conversions: internal pilot to external pilot and vice-versa; internal drain to external drain and vice-versa.
- Procedures for testing mobile directional control valves: spool/bore leakage test; testing load-check valves; testing cylinder-port relief valves; testing anti-cavitation valves; testing integral pressure relief valve.
- Procedures for testing cylinders: end-stroke “dead-head” seal test; intermediate bore test; through-stroke test.
- Procedures for testing hydraulic motors: in-circuit test procedure; direct access test procedure; testing motors in series; testing motors in parallel.
- Testing cartridge valves: isolating problems in multiple cartridge manifold assemblies.
- Testing flow control valves.
- Testing check valves: in-line check valves; pilot-operated check valves.
- Safety with accumulators: how to pre-charge accumulators with nitrogen.